On 3/14/2019 7:47 AM, Moyer, Brett wrote:
I'm using the below FieldType/Field but when I index my documents, the URL is
not being lower case. Any ideas? Do I have the below wrong?

Example: http://connect.rightprospectus.com/RSVP/TADF
Expect: http://connect.rightprospectus.com/rsvp/tadf

<fieldType name="string_lower" class="solr.TextField" sortMissingLast="true"
omitNorms="true">
<analyzer>
</analyzer>
</fieldType>

<field name="URL" type="string_lower" multiValued="false" indexed="true"
stored="true"/>

Analysis only happens to indexed data.

The data that you get back from Solr (stored data) is *always* EXACTLY what Solr indexes, before analysis.

You'll need to lowercase the data before it reaches analysis. This is how it is designed to work ... that will not be changing.

If you were to configure an Update Processor chain that did the lowercasing, that would affect stored data as well as indexed data.

Thanks,
Shawn