Deleting data on a zookeeper hiccup does sound bad if it's really solr's
fault. Can you work up a set of steps to reproduce? Something like install
solr, index tech products example, shut down solr, perform some editing to
zk, start solr, observe data gone (but with lots of details about exact
configurations/commands/edits etc)?

"some sort of split brain" is nebulous and nobody will know if they've
solved your problem unless that can be quantified and the problem
replicated.

-Gus

--
http://www.the111shift.com