Attached to this mail is a tar.gz with instructions to reproduce.

It contains 3 text files with commands and comments. Be sure to check the
actual commands before executing.
This was tested on a Ubuntu 18.04 VM, with docker installed on it.

The order of execution is:

- zookeeper instructions.txt
- solr instructions.txt
- after setup.txt

The behaviour was reproduced several times and it was found that it was the
solr/java process calling for the deletion of the files and directories.

The basic steps are: set up zookeeper, set up solr root, set up solr.
Create dummy collection with example data. Stop the containers. Delete the
zookeeper 'version-2' folder. Recreate zookeeper container. Redo the
mkroot, recreate solr container. At this point, solr will start complaining
about the cores after a bit and then the data folders will be deleted.

Hope this is clear and complete.

Regard,
Koen