On 5/19/2019 12:20 AM, Kayak28 wrote:
Hello, Apache Solr community members:

I have a few questions about the load test of Solr8.

- for Solr8, optimization command merge segment to 2, but not 1.
Is that ok behavior?

Since version 7.5, optimize with TieredMergePolicy (the default policy) respects the maximum segment size, which defaults to 5GB. You can explicitly tell the optimize to make one segment, and then that's what it will do. That can be problematic with indexes that have a lot of deletes, which is why newer versions respect the max segment size.

I would not expect to see a really noticeable performance increase by going from two segments to one. It's probably not a good idea to interfere with Solr's settings there.

- in a certain situation (explained below), Solr8 (without the use of http/2 and block-max WAND algorithm) is faster then Solr7.4.0. What are the considerable causes of this performance improvement? Or did I plan load-test badly?

It is always the goal with new Solr versions to have better performance than previous versions. Sometimes that happens, sometimes it doesn't. On occasion mistakes have been made that go the wrong direction ... we correct those problems as soon as we find out about them.

Your PDF attachment did not make it to the list. We cannot see it. The mailing list rarely lets attachments through.

Thanks,
Shawn