Hi Chris,

I was able to fix the issue by adding the line "<str
name="lowercaseOperators">false</str> " to my request handler.  Here is how
my request handler looks like

  <requestHandler name="/select_test" class="solr.SearchHandler">
    <lst name="defaults">
      <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
      <str name="defType">edismax</str>
      <str name="q.alt">*:*</str>
      <str name="rows">100</str>
      <str name="indent">true</str>
      <str name="fl">CC_UNIQUE_FIELD,CC_FILE_PATH,score</str>
      <str name="qf">CC_ALL_FIELDS_DATA</str>
      <str name="wt">xml</str>
      <str name="lowercaseOperators">false</str>
    </lst>
  </requestHandler>

So I am all set.  However, earlier you said  "lowercaseOperators" is set to
"false" by default for 8.1.  Looks like that's not the case.

Thanks.

Steven