On 26/11/2019 16:35, Mikhail Ibraheem wrote:
Hi,Does Solr supports Icelandic language out of the box? If not, can you please
let me know how to add that with custom analyzers?
Thanks

The Snowball stemmer project which is used by Solr (https://snowballstem.org/algorithms/ - co-created by Martin Porter, author of the famous stemmer) doesn't support Icelandic unfortunately. I can't find any other stemmers that you could use in Solr.

Basis Technology offer various commercial software for language processing that can work with Solr and other engines, not sure if they support Icelandic.

So, not very positive I'm afraid: you could look into creating your own stemmer using Snowball, or some heuristic approaches, but you'd need a good grasp of the structure of the language.

Best

Charlie

--
Charlie Hull