The line webResource = client.resource(resourceUrl); defines what action I am performing example "https://localhost:8985/solr/CoreName/select?q=*%3A*"; Are you setting up your URL correctly. My snippet was outlining the additional Authorization header that needs to also be part of the request but assuming you were already going to a valid URL.