On 6/7/2020 10:16 AM, Jim Anderson wrote:
The admin pages comes up with:

SolrCore Initialization Failures

<snip>

I look in my .../solr/server/logs directory and cannot find and meaningful
errors or warnings.

Should I be looking elsewhere?

That depends. Did you install Solr with the installer script, or just start it up after extracting the archive? Does the solr/server/logs directory you mentioned contain files with timestamps that are current? If not, then the logs are likely going somewhere else.

If you go to the "Logging" tab when the admin UI shows that error, you will be able to see any log messages at WARN or higher severity. Often such log entries will need to be expanded by clicking on the little "i" icon. It will close again quickly, so you need to read fast.

Thanks,
Shawn