I could write a script, too, though I’d do it with straight shell code. But
then I’d have to test it, check it in somewhere, document it for ops, install
it, ...

Instead, when we switch from monit, I'll start with one of these systemd
configs.

https://gist.github.com/hammady/3d7b5964c7b0f90997865ebef40bf5e1
<https://gist.github.com/hammady/3d7b5964c7b0f90997865ebef40bf5e1>
https://netgen.io/blog/keeping-apache-solr-up-and-running-on-ez-platform-setup
<https://netgen.io/blog/keeping-apache-solr-up-and-running-on-ez-platform-setup>
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14410>

Why have a cold backup and then switch? Every time I see that config, I wonder
why people don’t have both servers live behind a load balancer. How do you know
the cold server will work?

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org