> Why have a cold backup and then switch?

my current set up is:
1. master indexer
2. master slave on a release/commit basis
3. 3 live slave searching nodes in two data different centers

the three live nodes are in front of nginx load balancing and they are
mostly hot but not all of them, i found that having all load into one made
the performance significantly better, but if one of them goes down theres a
likelihood that the other two went with it, they are also part of a
mysql gallera cluster and it has a possibility of going down (innodb can be
annoying), so the script will go through all three of the live slaves until
it has to fall back to the master slave, i know the cold master will work,
mostly out of faith, but if i lose four servers all at the same time, i
have larger problems to worry about than searching.

just adaptation over time, I cant say its the best set up but i can say it
operates pretty well, very well speed wise keeping one searcher super hot
with two clones ready to jump in if needed