The thing that’s unsettling about this is that assuming you were hitting OOMs,
and were running the OOM-killer script, you _should_ have had very clear
evidence that that was the cause.

If you were not running the killer script, the apologies for not asking about
that
in the first place. Java’s performance is unpredictable when OOMs happen,
which is the point of the killer script: at least Solr stops rather than do
something inexplicable.

Best,
Erick