Your schema won’t tell us much at all about indexing speed, it’s the size of
the documents that’s the bigger factor.

Yes, you can increase the timeout, see:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/format-of-solr-xml.html#format-of-solr-xml,
distribUpdateConnTimeout and distribUpdateSoTimeout.

However, this is really a shot in the dark. You should see something in your
logs about “leader initiated recovery” if this is really the problem, there’s
no use in fiddling with these settings unless you’re sure this is what’s
happening.

The frist place I’d start is looking more thoroughly at the logs to see if you
can find out _why_ your replica is going into recovery, there should be
information. Look in both the leader and replica logs.

Best,
Erick