We have following external file field type and field:

*<fieldType name="ext_file_field" keyField="id" defVal="0.0"
class="solr.ExternalFileField" valType="float"/>*

*<field name="fieldA" type="ext_file_field" />*

In solr official documentation is it mentioned that :
*"*The ExternalFileField type makes it possible to specify the values for a
field in a file outside the Solr index. *External fields are not
searchable. They can be used only for function queries or display."*

I was expecting that for field "fieldA" indexed will be marked as false and
it will not be part of the index. But Solr admin "SCHEMA page" (we get this
option after selecting collection name in the drop-down menu)  is showing
it as an indexed field (green tick mark under Indexed flag).

We have not explicitly specified indexed=false for this external field in
our schema. Wanted to know whether this field is really part of the index.
Or it is just a bug from the admin UI side.

Regards,
Raj