Thanks! This also contributed to my confusion:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_4/faceting.html#field-value-faceting-parameters

"If you want Solr to perform both analysis (for searching) and faceting on the
full literal strings, use the copyField directive in your Schema to create two
versions of the field: one Text and one String. Make sure both are
indexed="true"."

--
uyilmaz <uyil...@vivaldi.net>