You don’t need to abandon DIH right now….   You can just use the Github hosted
version….   The more people who use it, the better a community it will form
around it!    It’s a bit chicken and egg, since no one is actively discussing
it, submitting PR’s etc, it may languish.   If you use it, and test it, and
support other community folks using it, then it will continue on!

> On Nov 29, 2020, at 12:12 PM, Dmitri Maziuk <dmitri.maz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/29/2020 10:32 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
>
>> And I absolutely agree with Walter that the DB is often where
>> the bottleneck lies. You might be able to
>> use multiple threads and/or processes to query the
>> DB if that’s the case and you can find some kind of partition
>> key.
>
> IME the difficult part has always been dealing with incremental updates, if
> we were to roll our own, my vote would be for a database trigger that does a
> POST in whichever language the DBMS likes.
>
> But this has not been a part of our "solr 6.5 update" project until now.
>
> Thanks everyone,
> Dima

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 |
http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> |
My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed
<https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>

This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether
attachments are marked as such.