Yes, absolutely to what Eric said.  We goofed on news / release highlights
on how to communicate what's happening in Solr.  From a Solr insider point
of view, we are "deprecating" because strictly speaking, the code isn't in
our codebase any longer.  From a user point of view (the audience of news /
release notes), the functionality has *moved*.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley