On Dec 2, 2008, at 4:52 AM, tushar kapoor wrote:

1. <Russian Word 1> AND <Russian Word 2>

This is the way the query should look, but there's no reason why you can't let you're users input AND in Russian and then you substitute it when you create the query.

or rather,

2 . <Russian Word 1> <AND in Russian> <Russian Word 2>

Now over to solr specific question. In case the answer to above is either 1. or 2. how does one do it using Solr. I tried using the Language anallyzers
but I m not too sure how exactly it works.

Just send the string, with AND into Solr and the default query parser will know what to do.

-Grant

Grant Ingersoll

Lucene Helpful Hints: