On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 2:28 PM, wojtekpia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm seeing some strange behavior with my garbage collector that disappears
> when I turn off this optimization.

I just changed the new faceting code to use a solr cache.
Look for the "fieldValueCache" on the statistics page now.

It just occurred to me that there is a big difference in how memory is
used with facet.method=fc.
Since we traverse documents and count up terms, we need to allocate an
int[nTerms]
to accumulate those counts.  This can be a big chunk of memory
per-request, and is most likely what changed your GC profile (i.e.
changing the GC settings may help).

-Yonik