I believe it's because wildcard queries are not stemmed.  During indexing
"harry" probably got stemmed to "harr", so now "harry*" doesn't match, because
there is no "harry" token in that string, only "harr".  Why wildcard queries
are not analyzed is described in the Lucene FAQ on the Lucene Wiki.

You could also try searching for kunde:Harr* for example (not the upper-case
Harr).  I bet it won't result in a hit for the same reason - at index time you
probably lower-case tokens with LowerCaseFilter(Factory), and if you search for
Harr*, the lower-casing won't happen because the query string with the wildcard
character isn't analyzed.

Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR