Hi Paul,

I would say, you should use the copyField tag in the schema. eg:

<copyField source="sku" dest="text"/>

the text-field has to be difined as multivalued=true. When you now do an unqualified search, it will search every field, which is copied to the text-field.

with best regards,

Marco Westermann

Paul Tomblin schrieb:
I've got "<defaultSearchField>text</defaultSearchField>" and so if I
do an unqualified search it only finds in the field text.  If I want
to search title, I can do "title:foo", but what if I want to find if
the search term is in any field, or if it's in "text" or "title" or
"concept" or "keywords"?  I already tried "*:foo", but that throws an
exception:

Caused by: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field *
     [java]     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.EmbeddedSolrServer.request(EmbeddedSolrServer.java:161)

--
++ Business-Software aus einer Hand ++
++ Internet, Warenwirtschaft, Linux, Virtualisierung ++

interSales AG Internet Commerce
Subbelrather Str. 247
50825 Köln

Tel  02 21 - 27 90 50
Fax  02 21 - 27 90 517
Mail i...@intersales.de
Mail m...@intersales.de
Web  www.intersales.de

Handelsregister Köln HR B 30904
Ust.-Id.: DE199672015
Finanzamt Köln-Nord. UstID: nicht vergeben
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Michael Morgenstern
Vorstand: Andrej Radonic, Peter Zander