Have you had a look at the facet query? Not sure but it might just do what you are looking for.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrFacetingOverview
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters

Hi All,

Should I create plugin for this or is there some functionality in solr that
can help me.

I basically already have part of what I want. The search response gives me a
result list with (in my situation) 20 results and the attached morelikethis
NamedList. Filtering based on the morelikethis 'duplicates' may result in 12
results, meaning my result list is not complete any more, since I requested
20 results. So now I need to do a new search, which I need to filter yet
again. And so on and so forth untill I get a result of 20. This is not a
very robust implementation.

Can I do something like this on the solr side (via plugin)? For instance
filter on the lucene hits based on the morelikethis or something like that.
So that I can return exactly 20 results. Also adding the morelikethis to the
response. Grouping based on the morelikethis whould even be a nice to have
using the collapsing field functionality once it is fully implemented in
solr.

I hope someone can give me some pointers in the right direction.

Kind Regards,
Marcel