Hi
i have a question regarding synonymfilter
i have a one way mapping defined
austin martin, astonmartin => aston martin

what baffling me is that if i give at query time the word austin martin

it first goes through white space and generate two words in analysis page
"austin" and  "martin"

then after synonym filter it replace it with words
aston martin

Thats good and thats what i want but i am wodering sicne it went to white
space tokeniser first and split the word in to two different word "austin"
and "martin" how come it was able to map the entire synonym and replace it.
If i give only austin the after passing thruough synonym filter it does not
replace it with aston.
That leads me to conclude that even though "austin martin" went thru
whitespace tokenizer factory and got split into two the word ordering is
still preserved to find a synonym match.

Can anybody please explain if my observation is correct. This is a very
critical aspect for my work.

Thanks
darniz