From: AHMET ARSLAN <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Boosting of words
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 8:58 AM

> Hi,
>
> I am able to see the results when i pass the values in the
> query browser.
>
> When i pass the below query i am able to see the difference
> in output.
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=java^100%20technology^1
>
> Each time user cannot pass the values in the query browser
> to see the output.
>
> But where exactly
>
> java^100 technology^1
>
> this value should be set. In which file and which location
> to be precise?.
>
> Please help me.

Althought I do not understand you, you need to URL encode your parameter values
before you invoke a HTTP GET.   &paramater=urlencode(value,"UTF-8")

Try this url :
/select/?q=java%5E100+OR+technology%5E1&version=2.2

Note that space is encoded into +.
Also ^ is encoded into %5E.

What kind of solr client are you using? How are you accessing to solr? From
java, php, rubby?