Yonik Seeley-2 wrote:

> If you could, it would be great if you could test commenting out the
> one in mainIndex and see if it inherits correctly from
> indexDefaults... if so, I can comment it out in the example and remove
> one other little thing that people could get wrong.

Yep, it seems perfectly happy like this.

I'm going to try commenting out all of mainIndex to see if it can
successfully inherit everything from indexDefaults -- since I have
<lockType>single</lockType> I won't need an unlockOnStartup entry, which
doesn't appear in indexDefaults (at least in any of the config files I've
seen).

So...

    <indexDefaults>
        <useCompoundFile>false</useCompoundFile>
        <mergeFactor>10</mergeFactor>
        <maxMergeDocs>2147483647</maxMergeDocs>
        <maxFieldLength>2147483647</maxFieldLength>
        <writeLockTimeout>1000</writeLockTimeout>
        <commitLockTimeout>10000</commitLockTimeout>
        <lockType>single</lockType>
    </indexDefaults>
    <mainIndex>
    </mainIndex>

If the big overnight indexing job fails with these settings, I'll let you
know.

Cheers,

Andrew.