Hey,
I've been trying to find some documentation on using this feature in 1.4 but
Wiki page is alittle sparse..
In specific, here's what i'm trying to do:

I have a field, say 'duplicate_group_id' that i'll populate based on some
offline documents deduplication process I have.

All I want is for solr to compute a 'duplicate_signature' field based on
this one at update time, so that when i search for documents later, all
documents with same original 'duplicate_group_id' value will be rolled up
(e.g i'll just get the first one that came back  according to relevancy).

I enabled the deduplication processor and put it into updater, but i'm not
seeing any difference in returned results (i.e results with same
duplicate_id are returned separately..)

is there anything i need to supply in query-time for this to take effect?
what should be the behaviour? is there any working example of this?

Anything will be helpful..

Thanks,
Chak