Hi,

As far as I know, the point of deduplication in Solr (
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Deduplication ) is to detect a duplicate document
before indexing it in order to avoid duplicates in the index in the first place.

What you are describing is closer to field collapsing patch in SOLR-236.

 Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR