On Jan 7, 2010, at 10:50 AM, MitchK wrote:

Eric,

you mean, everything is okay, but I do not see it?

Internally for searching the analysis takes place and writes to the
index in an inverted fashion, but the stored stuff is left alone.

if I use an analyzer, Solr "stores" it's output two ways?
One public output, which is similar to the original input
and one "hidden" or internal output, which is based on the analyzer's work?
Did I understand that right?

yes.

indexed fields and stored fields are different.

Solr results show stored fields in the results (however facets are based on indexed fields)

Take a look at Lucene in Action for a better description of what is happening. The best tool to get your head around what is happening is probably luke (http://www.getopt.org/luke/)

If yes, I have got another problem:
I don't want to waste any diskspace.

You have control over what is stored and what is indexed -- how that is configured is up to you.

ryan