Just curious, have you checked if the hanging you are experiencing is not
garbage collection related?

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerick...@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 January 2010 13:33
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem comitting on 40GB index

That's my understanding...... But fortunately disk space is cheap <G>....

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Frederico Azeiteiro <
frederico.azeite...@cision.com> wrote:

> Sorry, my bad... I replied to a current mailing list message only changing
> the subject... Didn't know about this " Hijacking" problem. Will not happen
> again.
>
> Just for close this issue, if I understand correctly, for an index of 40G,
> I will need, for running an optimize:
> - 40G if all activity on index is stopped
> - 80G if index is being searched...)
> - 120G if index is being searched and if a commit is performed.
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Thanks.
> Frederico

This transmission is strictly confidential, possibly legally privileged, and
intended solely for the
addressee.  Any views or opinions expressed within it are those of the author
and do not necessarily
represent those of 192.com, i-CD Publishing (UK) Ltd or any of it's subsidiary
companies.  If you
are not the intended recipient then you must not disclose, copy or take any
action in reliance of this
transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender as soon as
possible.  No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding agreement
on behalf of
i-CD Publishing (UK) Ltd with another party by email without express written
confirmation by an
authorised employee of the Company. http://www.192.com (Tel: 08000 192 192).
i-CD Publishing (UK) Ltd
is incorporated in England and Wales, company number 3148549, VAT No. GB
673128728.