On May 25, 2010, at 11:24 PM, Amit Nithian wrote:

> 2) What are typical/accepted definitions of "Real Time" vs "Near Real Time"?

Real time means that an update is available in the next query after it commits.
Near real time means that the delay is small, but not zero.

This is within a single server. In a cluster, there will be some communication
delay.

> 3) I could understand POSTing a document to a server and then turning around
> and searching for it on the same server but what about a replicated
> environment and how do you prevent caches from being blown and constantly
> re-warmed (hence performance degradation)?

You need a different caching design, with transaction-aware caches that are at
a lower level, closer to the indexes.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood