Blargy?

I produced a patched version of Solr 1.4 and released it into the maven central
repository under our DSpace groupid as a dependency for our applications.  Your
welcome to test it out and use our code for examples.  Although, it is not the
most recent patch of Field Collapsing, it has been sufficient for our work
until then FeildCollapsing solution is finalized.

Solr 1.4 + FieldCollapse Patch
http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/modules/dspace-solr/trunk/
http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/modules/dspace-discovery/trunk/

I have just recently made the release available...
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/dspace/dependencies/solr/

Mark

p.s. I'd be glad to contribute our Maven build re-organization back to the
community to get Solr properly Mavenized so that it can be distributed and
released more often.  For us the benefit of this structure is that we will be
able to overlay addons such as RequestHandlers and other third party support
without having to rebuild Solr from scratch.  Ideally, a Maven Archetype could
be created that would allow one rapidly produce a Solr webapp and fire it up in
Jetty in mere seconds. Finally, with projects such as Bobo, integration with
Spring would make configuration more consistent and request significantly less
java coding just to add new capabilities everytime someone authors a new
RequestHandler.  The biggest thing I learned about Solr in my work thusfar is
that patches like these could be standalone modules in separate projects if it
weren't for having to hack the configuration and solrj methods up to adopt
them.  Which brings me to SolrJ, great API if it would stay generic and have
less concern for adding method each time some custom collections and query
support for morelikethis or collapseddocs needs to be added.