Oh in that case is the code stable enough to use it for production?
    -  Well this feature is a patch and I think that says it all.
Although bugs are fixed it is deferentially an experimental feature
and people should keep that in mind when using one of the patches.
Does it support features which solr 1.4 normally supports?
   - As far as I know yes.

am using facets as a workaround but then i am not able to sort on any
other field. is there any workaround to support this feature??
   - Maybee http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Deduplication prevents from
adding duplicates in you index, but then you miss the collapse counts
and other computed values

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen