If there is a real desire/need to make things "restful" in the
official sense, it is worth looking at using a REST framework as the
controller rather then the current solution.  perhaps:

http://www.restlet.org/
https://jersey.dev.java.net/

These would be cool since they encapsulate lots of the request
plumbing work that it would be better if we could leverage more widely
used approaches then support our own.

That said, what we have is functional and powerful -- if you are
concerned about people editing the index (with GET/POST or whatever)
there are plenty of ways to solve this.

ryan