Hello Mr.Hostetter,
                            Thank you very much for the clarification. I do
remember that when I first deployed the solr code from trunk on a test
server I couldnt open the index (careted via 1.4) even via the solr admin
page, It kept giving me corrupted index EOF kind of exception, so I was
curious. Let me try it out again and report to you with the exact error.