On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>wrote:

> That should still be true in the the official 4.0 release (i really should
> have said "When 4.0 can no longer read SOlr 1.4 indexes"), ...
> i havne't been following the detials closely, but i suspect that tool
> hasn't been writen yet because there isn't much point until the full
> details of the trunk index format are nailed down.

This is news to me?

File formats are back-compatible between major versions. Version X.N should
be able to read indexes generated by any version after and including version
X-1.0, but may-or-may-not be able to read indexes generated by version
X-2.N.

(And personally I think there is stuff in 2.x like modified-utf8 that i
would object to adding support for with terms now as byte[]!!!!)

--
Robert Muir
rcm...@gmail.com