Hello,

I just started to investigate Solr several weeks ago. Our current project uses
Verity search engine which is commercial product and the company is out of
business. I am trying to evaluate if Solr can meet our requirements. I have
following questions.

1. Currently we use Verity and have more than 20 collections, each collection
has a index for public items and a index for private items. So there are
virtual collections which point to each collection and a virtual collection
which points to all. For example, we have AA and BB collections.

AA virtual collection --> (AA index for public items and AA index for private
items).
BB virtual collection --> (BB index for public items and BB index for private
items).
All virtual collection --> (AA index for public items and AA index for private
items, BB index for public items and BB index for private items).

Would you please tell me what I should do for this if I use Solr?

2. Our project has different kind format files I need index them. For example,
xml files, pdf files and text files. Is it possible for Solr to return a search
result from all?

3. I got a error when I index pdf files which are version 1.5 or 1.6. Would you
please tell me if there is a patch to fix it?

Thanks so much in advance,