From: Jan Høydahl / Cominvent [mailto:jan....@cominvent.com]
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 7:42 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to deal with virtual collection in solr?

Hi,

Version 1.4.1 does not support the SolrCloud style sharding. In 1.4.1, please
use this style:
&shards=localhost:8983/solr/aaprivate,localhost:8983/solr/aapublic/

However, since schema is the same, I'd opt for one index with a "collections"
field as the filter.

You can add that field to your schema, and then inject it as metadata on the
ExtractingRequestHandler call:

curl
"http://localhost:8983/solr/update/extract?literal.collection=aaprivate&literal.id=doc1&commit=true";
 -F "fi...@myfile.pdf"