Hi,

I am attempting to import some of our data into SOLR. I did it the quickest way
I know because I literally only have 2 days to import the data and do some
queries for a proof-of-concept.

So I have this data in XML format and I wrote a short XSLT script to convert it
to the format in solr/example/exampledocs (except I retained the element names
so I had to modify schema.xml in the conf directory. So far so good -- the
import works and I can search the data. One of my immediate problems is that
there is a date field with the format MM/DD/YYYY. Looking at schema.xml, it
seems SOLR accepts only full date fields -- everything seems to be mandatory
including the Z for Zulu/UTC time according to the doc. Is there a way to
specify the date format?

Thanks very much.
Rico