From: Sharma, Raghvendra <sraghven...@corelogic.com>
Sent: Thu 30-09-2010 20:07
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org;
Subject: RE: Is Solr right for my business situation ?

Thanks for the ideas.

I think after reading enough documentation and articles around solr and xml
indexing in general, I have come around to understand that there is no escaping
denormalization.

However, one tiny thought remains... perhaps my last shot at avoiding
denormalization (of course its going to be a costly affair)..

I was reading about how solr can handle multiple cores and therefore multiple
indexes.  Can there be a single search interface sending queries to these three
cores ?? in that case, who would do load balancing ? the merging of the results
?? and whether I would be running three instances of solr on my system(s) or
only one can handle that..