On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 12:23 PM, scott chu (朱炎詹)
<scott....@udngroup.com> wrote:
> When I first saw this particular email, I wrote a letter intend to ask the
> sender remove solr-user from its recepient cause I thought this should go to
> solr-dev. But then I thought again, it's about 'job-offer' not 'development
> of Solr', I just delete my email.

To add more with regards to the original mail that started this thread: We are
based in India, and for the first mail, I replied to the person
off-list offering our
services, but never got a reply. So, I wonder how serious this guy was in the
first place.

> Maybe solr-job is a good suggestion. A selfish reason pro this suggestion is
> that I'm also looking for some one familiar with Solr to work for me in
> Taiwan & I really don't know where to ask.

In other lists with a broader audience, such as a local Linux users list, our
practice has been that job offers are tolerated if posted once, and marked
as "Commercial" in the subject header. Given the low volume of such posts
in this list, maybe that could be an acceptable solution? We would also be
happy with a separate solr-jobs list.

Regards,
Gora