Not sure about that. I have read that the replication handler actually issues a
commit() on itself once the index is downloaded.

But probably a better way for Markus' case is to hook the prune job on the
master, writing to another core (myIndexPruned). Then you replicate from that
core instead, and you also get the benefit of transferring a smaller index
across the network.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com