Thanks for the quick response!

I was thinking more about the idea of having both structured and unstructred
data coming into a system to be indexed/searched.  I would like these
documents to be processed by some sort of entity/keyword/semantic
processing.  I have a well defined taxonomy for my organization (it is quite
large) and at the moment we use RetrievalWare to give keyword/classification
suggestions.  This does NOT work well though, and RetrievalWare is pretty
much useless to us.

I want a way to do this process either at index time or search time.  All
documents should be processed against this taxonomy.  I do not want the user
to be able to nominate keywords, it must happen automatically.   I am
assuming it is only natural for these keywords/taxonomy entities to show up
as hierarchical facets?

>From what I can tell, there is no way to tell Solr.. here is my taxonomy..
classify my documents and give me back facets and facet counts..