By and large, spatial solr is being replaced by geospatial, see:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch. I don't think the old
spatial contrib is still included in the trunk or 3.x code bases, but
I could be wrong....

That said, I don't know whether what you want is on the roadmap
there either. Here's a place to start if you want to see the JIRA
discussions: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1568

Best
Erick