Right, I *love* problems like this... NOT....

You might get some joy out of using TrimFilterFactory along with
KeywordAnalyzer,
something like this:
<fieldType name="trimField" class="solr.TextField" <your options here> >
<analyzer>
<tokenizer class="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory" />
<filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />
</analyzer>
</fieldType>

but it depends upon what your fields are padded with....

Best
Erick