PS one other point I didn't mention is that this server has a very
fast autocommit limit (2 seconds max time).

But I don't know if this is relevant -- I thought the files in the
snapshot wouldn't be committed to again. Please correct me if this is
a huge misunderstanding.

--

:: http://biotext.org.uk/ :: http://twitter.com/andrew_clegg/ ::