David,

I'm not sure if you are asking about adding this to the schema.xml file or to
the Solr schema and therefore the Solr index?
If the former, you could put it in comments, then get the schema via HTTP (see
Admin UI for the URL), and "grep" for your line from there.
If the latter, this sounds like 2 fields.  Not sure if every document would
have
them, of you just need 1 doc with this data...

Otis
----