I haven't figured out any way to achieve that AT ALL without making a seperate Solr index just to serve autosuggest queries. At least when you want to auto-suggest on a multi-value field. Someone posted a crazy tricky way to do it with a single-valued field a while ago. If you can/are willing to make a seperate Solr index with a schema set up for auto-suggest specifically, it's easy. But from an existing schema, where you want to auto-suggest just based on the values in one field, it's a multi-valued field, and you want to allow matches in the middle of the field -- I don't think there's a way to do it.