Mainly technical administration effort.

We are trying to have a solr packaging that
- minimises the effort to deploy the system on a machine.
- reduces errors when deploying
- centralised the logic of the Solr system

Ideally, we would like to have a central place (e.g., solrconfig) where the logic of the system is configured. In that case, the system administrator does not have to bother with a long list of tasks and checkpoints every time we need to release a new version of the solr system, or extend our clusters. He should just have to take the new release, ship it on a machine, and start up solr.
--
Renaud Delbru