What do you mean "you copied the contents...to the right place"? If you
checked out trunk and copied the files into 1.4.1, you have mixed source
files between disparate versions. All bets are off.

Or do you mean jar files? or???

I'd build the source you checked out (at the Solr level) and use that rather
than try to mix-n-match.

BTW, if you're just starting (as in not in production), you may want to consider
using 3.1, as it's being released even as we speak and has many improvements
over 1.4. You can get a nightly build from here:
https://builds.apache.org/hudson/view/S-Z/view/Solr/

Best
Erick