We verified with the fiddler proxy server that when we use the Java
CommonsHttpSolrServer to communicate with our Solr server we are not able to
get the client to post a <commit/> message back to Solr. The result is that we
can't force the tail end of a batch job to commit after it has run and we can't
do integration testing that needs data to have been committed to Solr.

We have tried all variations of the .commit method and the workaround posted a
http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-dev@lucene.apache.org/msg12289.html

Our solution was to hack the source code supplied by Solr for SimplePostTool to
create a utility to post a <commit/> tag to Solr.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6141417/solr-lucene-server-does-not-post-commit-message

you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the
message. This footer also confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with
authority, states them to be the views of Iowa Student Loan.