Dear all,

Kindly help me..

thanks

On Tuesday 21 June 2011 11:46 AM, Jonty Rhods wrote:
I am using solrj to index the data. I have around 50000 docs indexed. As at
the time of commit due to lock server stop giving response so I was
calculating commit time:

double starttemp = System.currentTimeMillis();
server.add(docs);
server.commit();
System.out.println("total time in commit = " + (System.currentTimeMillis() -
starttemp)/1000);

It taking around 9 second to commit the 5000 docs with 15 fields. However I
am not confirm the lock time of index whether it is start
since server.add(docs); time or server.commit(); time only.

If I am changing from above to following

server.add(docs);
double starttemp = System.currentTimeMillis();
server.commit();
System.out.println("total time in commit = " + (System.currentTimeMillis() -
starttemp)/1000);

then commit time becomes less then 1 second. I am not sure which one is
right.

please help.

regards
Jonty